Background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Elizabethtown

Owensboro was so legendary, that I fear Elizabethtown will just let you down.
However, I was on a very special hunt while in E-town today, and I want to show you all about it. See, there are lots of antique stores and flea markets of sorts in this city. And I was looking for one item in particular.
Here's the back story.
LAS II lifts lid to trash can and discovers bowl inside.
II: "You broke my dish?"
Me: "I didn't break it. There was a crack in it, and when I put it on the kitchen counter, it cracked in half."
II: "Do you know how long I've had that dish?"
Me: "Um..."
II: "A long time. And it was our only piece of serving ware."
To be fair, this is not true. I have a boat load of Armetale, but I don't always want to break out the serving silver for a random Tuesday night brussels sprouts side. When I was growing up, we just served ourself out of the pots and pans of the stove. So there was no need for serving ware. Tony likes serving ware. So I was on the search for a replacement serving dish.
The original looked something like this. You know, sort of like milk glass. 


Getting a little closer here, but I need an orange sort of flower pattern.


I didn't have a whole lot of time to search, so I headed to the mecca of random antiques/junk.


Let me start by saying that there is a lot of random @88 stuff at the Peddlers Mall

Exhibit A

Who actually owns a confederate flag comforter?

Exhibit B

What is this? A nutcracker?

Exhibit C

Shabby Chic, don't you think?

Exhibit D

Because I've always wanted a guitar purse

Exhibit Gross

Pretty sure this little dude has cheeto leftovers in his mouth

I can promise that I am not at all enticed by the prospect of what is inside these:



And when I made my plea to the fashion trend setters to make more lion items...I did not mean this...


or this...

Just to be clear. 
But, there was also some stuff there that I really wanted.

Very cool chalkboard for a basement/mancave/bar

I would bake more cakes if I had a lion mold

Fresh stain and new upholstery? Yes, please for $40.

I've been looking for a vanity for my room...spray paint and perfection for $44

Who else had one of these as a kid?

This would be the perfect coffee table for the tufted ottoman 
Pinterest project I've been wanting to do...another $44 item

So the whole point of this trip to the Peddlers Mall was to find the serving dish, which I didn't. But, that's ok...Lexington has a Peddlers Mall too!

We are set up and ready to go at the Pritchard Center in Elizabethtown.




I won't have time to post after our event, because UK and WKU will be playing football tonight. So during my drive home I will be listening to the game. If anything crazy happens, I will update you tomorrow. See you back at the ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment