Background

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: London (Kentucky, not England)



Let me tell you something, we've outgrown London. I am pretty sure we exceeded the fire code in the London Community Center, "where business meets pleasure," last night. It was jam packed and crowded; lots of feather extensions in the building (I just don't get those, BTW). At the end of the night when I am packing up to leave, Tucker brings a student over and says, "Hey you are so good at career stuff, can you just walk this student through every major in all of the colleges and tell him what kind of jobs he could do with those majors?" I laughed.

"Why me?"

"You are just good at telling people what kind of jobs they'd be good at."
Sigh.

Tucker says this because I am the career counselor for the admissions staff. I tell them what they should do with their lives. I do not know every major on campus. So, we instead went through the steps I told you about on Monday. Geographics. He wants to stay in London. Favorite subject? Math and writing. Analytics! Bingo. Done and Done.

Let's back up for a minute, because I did explore a few things in London.

Tax payers of Laurel County, do you realize that London has the biggest buildings of any small town I've ever been to?
Federal Court House

Board of Education

Justice Center
Just checking.
Oh, and I found a few barns worth snapping:)



I also discovered the Mill at the Levi Jackson state park. 


As soon as I got out of the car, this little guy ambushed me. Followed me everywhere. There is a reason for the term "duck pond," and I found it at McHargue's Mill.



I couldn't wait to get over to that little barn/house...but I was so afraid of the ducks! There were hundreds! I was afraid they were going to swarm me at any moment. 


But, I made it. 





It's starting to feel like fall, ya'll! This state park was the perfect place to get me in the fall spirit.



I really wanted to get down in this marsh and take some flower macro shots, but alas, I had on some good shoes. 


I will have to remember to put rainboots on the "Don't forget to pack" list.




Another See Blue Preview Night in the books! Now, I've gotta go blow dry my hair so I can get on the road for Bowling Green and see my Roomie! See you all on the 'hill!




No comments:

Post a Comment