Background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Pikeville

Guess what I brought today?

If you guessed rain boots, you are correct! ((Students coming to college--or just college employees--please purchase a pair of rain boots. You can get them at Target for like $20. Breaks my heart to see those ruined hem lines. Just tuck 'em in your boots and change into your fancy shoes when you get to class/your office.))

It was coming down a pour when I left Lexington, and that rain followed me all the way to Pikeville. But, since I was wearing my rain gear, the rain didn't prevent me from stopping to show you the scenery. In fact, Roomie called while I was heading down the Mountain Parkway.
"What cha doin'?" she asked.
"Well I'm headed to Pikeville. Actually, I just turned around and am headed away from Pikeville because I saw some stuff I wanted to take pictures of."
"Is it a barn?" 
"Yup."




I might become known as "barn girl" if I don't watch it. But I Just.Can't.Help.Myself!



In fact, for our $5 office holiday gift exchange, I think I am going to make a "Recruiter on the Road" Barn Calendar. Get ready URC! If you would like to purchase one, to go toward the "Rebecca wants to become a craftepreneur fund," just let me know. (You know, like an entrepreneur, but with crafty things)

So, back to Pikeville.


I am sorry to report that they did not serve donuts and cookies at the Pikeville See Blue Preview Night, as they have in years past. It was a real let down; I only ate a grilled cheese for dinner in anticipation! Boo. 


The real story, however, was the student who told me he had a perfect score on the ACT, a 4.3 weighted gpa, was a three time state football champion, lost the golf championship by one stroke, also played basketball, baseball and wrestling, and had already been flown down to an LSU game and offered a scholarship by LSU. And he is only a junior. You do the math. He was just waitin' on UK athletics to call him back. Riiiigggghhhht. If there is such a student out there, I apologize for not believing you. But these kinds of students don't really exist. And I can't give you a scholarship based on your story alone. So thanks for coming out to the Pikeville Preview Night, hope to see ya on campus real soon.

Tomorrow I am off to Ashland, where I must do two things. 1. go to the mall and find some nude pumps to go with the skirt I brought to wear since I forgot my accompanying shoes at home (or find another skirt to go with the pair of boots I have on hand...whichever I find), and 2. stop for a fried bologna sandwich at the little cafe by the bridge that I visit every year because they have free wifi!

Now I must go finish the book I started at dinner this evening, Heaven is for Real. Page Turner! See you all in Ashland!

No comments:

Post a Comment