Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Covington

I can't even begin to tell you what a nightmare a city like Covington is for someone who is directionally challenged. Because there are so many one way streets, to find Skyline Chili (more on that later), my GPS actually took me through downtown Covington, up on the bridge



over into Cincinnati



and back across a different bridge into Kentucky. Whaaaat? So confusing. So back to Skyline. My college roommate, Roomie, told me I needed to try Skyline Chili. She was working on her own Skyline recipe for her cooking blog, and we had this debate over whether or not you are supposed to eat spaghetti noodles in your chili. I grew up on spaghetti noodles in chili. LAS II prepares his chili with macaroni noodles (never in the actual chili, but in the bowl with chili poured over them-see what I mean?). Either way, there needs to be some kind of pasta up in there if I'm gonna eat it.



My dad's and Tony's chili beat Skyline any day, anyway. Not digging the sweet sauce, Roomie, sorry! But, since I was in Cincinnati, I had to try Cincinnati style chili, right? Ugh. Now looking at this makes me want to be sick a little bit. Moving on...

Covington has a very quaint riverfront area. And by "quaint," I mean old southern mansions that I'd love to live in one day.




Other fun things that went down on my drive to Covington...
I visited IKEA. Hated it. Sorry for the IKEA lovers out there. A. It was too modern for my taste. and B. I felt lost and scared. All I wanted to do was get out of there! It was like a maze for rats.

I stopped at the Ballard Designs/Frontgate outlet. Later this month I will tell you about my plans to photograph Roomie's soon-to-be-born-baby. How badly I wanted to buy this dog bed from Frontgate for the baby photo shoot. Before you say, "dog bed?" please check out how freaking adorable this thing is.

I'm sorry, did you see that price tag? TWO-HUNDRED-AND-EIGHTY-NINE-DOLLARS. At the outlet store. No. I'm not kidding. For a dog bed. This is not a couch. It is about two feet big. Frontgate, check yourself. Home tonight and off to Maysville tomorrow! Let's get this show started so I can get back on the road again.

1 comment:

  1. Roomie I can't believe you didn't like the chili! you cray cray! Love Roomie

    ReplyDelete