Background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Columbus

I really wanted to get a picture of THE Ohio State University, but it seems I zipped right past it on my way to the Hilton at Easton, which is where our See Blue Preview Night took place.


Don't get me wrong, this hotel is super bouge. However --comma-- for the price we are paying to stay here, you'd at least think wifi in the room and breakfast would be provided. Alas, no. So I am sitting in the lobby with Tony Jackson and Rachel Bolin while we use the complimentary lobby wireless ((how generous)) and I will be grabbing a bologna biscuit from Hardee's on my way to Louisville in the morning.

The rainy day has put a damper on my normally positive mood, if you can't tell.

Rain.


More rain. 


Pretty flower almost makes up for the drizzle.


First things first, my normal bed bug check. All clear. But I figured you too may be a world traveler. And maybe you don't know what bed bugs look like. So here, PG-13/R warning. But check out this handy link from UK Entomology.   Everything you never wanted to know about how to check for bed bugs!

Next things next. Eating dinner alone. Why, why P.F. Changs must you make solo dinner so awkward? The whole restaurant is basically empty, and you try to sit me right.next.to.someone on a bench type thing. So I say, can I sit here instead? And point to the next table down. Shrug. Sure. Then, when someone else comes in, why do you try to sit them right.next.to.me!? In between me and the other close person, in fact! So then the three only taken tables in the whole dang place are within an elbows length of each other? Gah.

I'm going to stop being negative now and just go to bed. Tomorrow I head to Louisville so tomorrow will be a better day!

((Thank you, CBennett, for the hysterical Autocorrect email that made me laugh so hard I cried and improved my whole outlook on this day))

No comments:

Post a Comment