Background

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Recruiter in Town: Visit to BCTC and a couple of back tracks

Why, BCTC? Why don't you have enough IP addresses for your guests? It took me over 30 minutes just to get access to the internet here, because I had to "wait my turn." Sigh. Anyway, I am here on the campus of Bluegrass Technical and Community College today to talk to prospective transfer students. It's not an "all UK" day; I am here with representatives from Kentucky State, U of L, Asbury, EKU, Midway, and Morehead.

Not a whole lot to see here, so I'm going to back up to Ashland and my birthday:)

In Ashland, I had about 15 minutes to spare before I needed to be ready to go for our See Blue Preview Night. I decided I would drive down to the river and see if I could get a better angle for a picture of the blue and green bridges that run back and forth between Kentucky and Ohio.


Not only was it a gorgeous night, but I stumbled on a fun surprise!


Tons of people were down at the river to see the Cincinnati Belle. 


So I hung around, got a few pictures, and then headed back to my car. A train was crossing and I waited patiently. Well, the train just stopped on the tracks. Right about the point where you could maybe sneak behind it to get to the other side, but it would be dangerous, and there was a cop right in front of me. 


Five minutes passed. Ten. Fifteen. I hopped back out of the car and took some shots of the boat pulling away from the shore, and another bridge angle.



Finally, 25 minutes after my event started, I got to cross the tracks. Whoops! Luckily I set up my table before I set out on this journey, and I had a student there helping:) Life is short, it's okay to be late every once and awhile to experience something out of the ordinary. 

Speaking of out of the ordinary, have I mentioned how fabulous my husband is?

Not only did he throw me a surprise party last weekend, but he also baked me a funfetti cake for my real birthday...


And tore down the web of a ginormous spider on our front porch...


And...YUP!


He's a keeper. 

Yesterday I realized that when I travel to Atlanta on the 9th I will pass through Chattanooga. Do you know what is six miles from downtown Chattanooga? Rock City. As in See Rock City. As is barns galore. I will be in barn heaven and hopefully the leaves will be yellow and red and orange by then. Glorious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment