Background

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Lou-ah-vul


I have to apologize. I was so grumpy yesterday, I didn't even give you one single barn. But today is a better day. It started with the most fabulous complimentary bath products that I've had in quite some time. I feel bad for taking my grumpy attitude out on you.

To make it up to you, I pulled over on the side of I-71 South today to bring you this beauty.


Goodbye, Ohio! Hello, Kentucky. And not just Kentucky, but Louisville! My hometown:) As any gracious Southern hostess would do, I'm gonna have to show you just a few sights from the 'ville before we get down to business.


Churchill Downs: Home of the Kentucky Derby, the greatest two minutes in sports.


Wagner's Pharmacy: Right across the street from Churchill Downs. Many famous movie scenes have been shot here, including several from Secretariat.

Louisville Slugger Museum: Home of the legendary baseball bat (to be fair, this picture was taken outside of UofL's baseball stadium, not the actual museum. With Shermageddon...I didn't have time to venture into downtown today.)



An abundance of Catholic churches and Parochial schools.

General interestingness. Okay. So I've only shown you around one square mile of my great city. Which leads me to another reason I love working in Louisville...


I don't have to check for bed bugs because I get to stay "at home!" My bro-in-law's dog Wildcat greeted me today when I came to our "Louisville house."

So, on to work, because that's what this blog is really all about, right?
Our Louisville event is a hot mess. It's the biggest event by far and we just can't talk fast enough.


Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of students...who were all so very fortunate to hear from a Gatton professor tonight, who was the featured faculty speaker.


Professor Walter (Wally) Ferrier told the prospective Wildcats about faculty research and how it is used in the classroom. He is a wonderful representative of Gatton and I was very proud of his performance.

And I am tired. Four travel weeks down, three to go! I will be in Louisville for the next couple of days, so I will try to give you a grander tour, if time allows. I'm also working on some crafts, so get ready for Crafty McCrafterson posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment