Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Chicago

Two weeks left of travel season, people! This should be cause for celebration!

But, alas. We've gone through the time warp that is Indiana. And as such, we've had to pass through the freakish windmill alley. So instead of celebrating, we are just in a trance.


Do you blame us, I mean, me? About 100 miles outside of Chicago you encounter nothing but corn and windmills. The rows of endless windmills freak me out for several reasons.  A. They are huge. 


B. They just spin and spin and spin and spin. It's a wonder more cars don't wind up in the cornfields. It takes everything in me just to drive on my side of the road and not be hypnotized by these suckers.


After nearly seven hours of driving, I made it to Naperville, which is on the west side of Chicago. Our event is held at the Hotel Arista, which is also the hotel where I will be spending the next few luxurious nights.

 Nice loft style rooms...


Vanity mirror with a makeup light that highlights all of your flaws...


Soaking tub...


And wait, what's this? A television in your mirror!


It's a great place to stay if you ever need to stay in the suburbs of Chicago. But let's face it, if you are coming to Chicago, you generally want to be downtown. I will be working around here tomorrow, but on Wednesday before I head to Indy I plan on making a visit to Chicago's magnificent mile. (Michigan Avenue for all of you non-Oprah watchers out there). 

It's been a long day. I am tired. Tomorrow I will show you the fun Halloween wreath I made this weekend. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment