Background

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Will the Real Chicago Please Stand Up?

On Monday I told you I was in Chicago. And I clarified by saying that I was in Naperville, which is a suburb of Chicago. Well, I couldn't leave Chicago without seeing Chicago, ya know? So today I woke up and left the sweet little suburb of Naperville and headed downtown.

((Side Story: I did venture into "downtown" Naperville last night to grab some authentic Chicago style Pizza at Lou Malnati's))

So back to downtown Chicago. I met my lovely friend Randa downtown where we walked and walked and walked some more. Which is normally wonderful, except when I packed for Chicago I packed for fall. Not for 80 degree weather. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful day in downtown Chi-town!









Did I mention that I have a bit of a shopping problem? So, it's probably a bad thing that we stumbled upon a SEVEN story Macy's? 


How does one even fill a seven-layer-Macy's-cake? With a food court, for one. Though I'm just gonna put it out there and say that I probably won't be purchasing my sushi from Macy's anytime soon. 




Luckily I paid an inordinate amount of money to park, and therefore didn't have all day to dawdle in Macy's. So we ventured out again.








And just like that, my time was up. I returned to the Prius (I forgot to tell you I got the Prius this week! Yay Motor Pool!) and headed off to Indy. And here I rest at the Hampton Inn. More adventures tomorrow!

1 comment: