Background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Nashville

Ok, so whoops. This entry is a lil' bit belated. Instead of blogging about work I've taken the last week to...
1. Clean my atrocity of a closet
2. Have a life and enjoy some Keenland time
3. Make my husband real, actual, dinners
4. Do a bunch'a ADPi paperwork
f. other stuff

Now I will catch you up to speed on my life as a recruiter, and the final installment of my blog series regarding the see blue. Preview Night road show aka my life for that past seven weeks.

I'm not going to lie, it has been super weird coming into the office everyday this week. Not getting to stop on the side of the highway to snap a shot of a barn. Not typing away on my laptop while eating a Bacon Turkey Bravo at Panera. With a Chocolate Chipper. Not scanning a hundred radio stations. Not wearing jeans most of the day.

But it is so good to be HOME.

Our last see blue. Preview Night was technically held in Franklin, TN, not Nashville. Who doesn't love a good visit to Nashville? Well, Franklin is even better because it's got all the Southern hospitality, less traffic, and more charm. I happened across this little park right across from our event at The Factory in Franklin.



This little park, equipped with BARNS. 


Hello, I just made Rebecca's day. 


Oh, didn't I tell you? Rebecca loves a good macro shot. 


I'm just wandering around...wondering why people are setting up tents. Then I pass one filled with navy and gray coats. And I realize this park is getting ready to be the site for a civil war reenactment. The Battle of Franklin reenactment, to be exact. And when the dark clouds rolled in and the rain drops started to fall, I bid adieu to the park and hightailed it across the street to our event site. (Ok, a few more pictures)





So, The Factory. 



I love this site for several reasons.
A. It is beautiful--rustic and classy at the same time.
B. It is always the last stop on the preview night tour, thus signaling the end of my evening working hours for a while.


Farewell, Preview Nights! I am going to be real honest right now and say that I've made a pinky-promise-pact with two of my colleagues (who shall note be named) that we won't be back for round #4. That we will have moved on to some bigger career/life aspirations by August 2012. This will require patience on my part, listening on my part, and a lil' direction and guidance on God's part.

So I promised a best a worst list. Here you go:
Best Pillows: Homewood Suites, Buckhead, GA
Worst Hotel Stay: TIE: Hampton Inn Pikeville and Embassy Suites Blue Ash, OH
Best Hotel Room: Hotel Arista, Naperville, IL
Best Hotel Breakfast: Hampton Inn Hopkinsville
Best Barns: TIE Maysville and back-roads-drive from Hopkinsville to Owensboro
Worst Photo Opps: Columbus
Best Prospective Students: Naperville, IL
((Don't want to say WORST--so...)Maybe UK Shouldn't Come Back to This City for a Preview Night Next Year: Pikeville, KY
Best Conversation with a Waiter: Kevin, Pizza Hut, Maysville

Sigh. It's been real. It's been fun. But it hasn't been real fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment