Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: Scanning.....Hopkinsville

When I am out on the road, this little word is displayed on my dashboard about 70% of the time.


I am not equipped with satellite radio, and I don't have the connector to plug my iPod into the radio. So I either bring along CDs, or scan for randomness. BTW, this is a great time to mention that motor pool gave me a Ford Focus this week, which is fine, but no cruise control.



Before, or AFTER the oil spill?

If any of you would like to make me a mix CD, I will gladly accept it. In the meantime, I'll keep scanning.

Let's be honest, 95% of the time, my mind is going in a hundred different directions, so I forget that my radio is scanning for stations. When I am paying attention, I forego the brief snippet that the scan allows me to hear, always hoping that the NEXT station will be even better. Here are a few of the current songs that will make me stop a scan in progress:
Rolling in the Deep: Adele
Dirt Road Anthem: Jason Aldean
Party Rock Anthem: LMFAO
Without You: Keith Urban (I will stop for any Keith Urban song, really)
She Ain't You: Chris Brown (But only because of the Michael Jackson throwback tune Free Willy style)
He Reigns or You are Amazing God.

I know. Wait. What? Those last two don't quite fit in with the other genres? Ok, well, sidebar. On the scans I can pick up a lot of Christian radio stations. Somewhere between years one and two the jumbling around got to be too much and I just started resting on the Christian stations, because there was really nothing else being picked up. And, I sorta liked what I heard! I'm a Catholic, mind you. We don't jam out. We are into the more traditional music. Organs. Maybe a choir. But, I'm branching out here.
Giant Cross Seen When Leaving Paducah

Then, one of my sorority sisters passed away after a tragic battle with brain cancer, and the Christian stations really helped get me through that time, because she had such a strong relationship with God...it was like a connection to her, a glimpse into her way of life. 


Before I knew it I was listening to KLove daily on my morning commute, jamming along to He Reigns while hitting a biker in the crosswalk on my shortcut to the good parking lot at work.*(that is a story for another day).
Giant Prayer Hands spotted from 
the Interstate on the drive from Paducah to Hopkinsville

But what am I doing? I'm supposed to be telling you about my day in Hopkinsville, not preaching! I love this great state of Kentucky because there are so many interesting things to look at. I can't help it if they get me sidetracked. (Especially Whitehaven, which looks exactly what I imagine my dream house to look like).


So enough random scenes. On to official duties. And the table I promised you.

This is where I stand all night in my fancy heels 
and pass out info on being a Business & Economics major

Yes, we have a step and repeat at the See Blue Preview Night. Because everyone needs their picture taken in front of an official UK background.

We have a peace treaty!

And...this is who I work with every day. Tucker. 
Enough said. Randomness. 

Oh Hampton Inn wifi, you leave so much to be desired. You are actually worse in Hopkinsville than you were in Paducah. Sigh. Here's hoping Owensboro will be even better! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment