Background

Monday, August 29, 2011

Recruiter on the Road: PUH-DUKE-AH

As we say affectionately in my office. Puuuh-extra long syllable-duke-ah.
Here we are. On the road again. Travel season #3. You know, I'm gone so much in the fall that I think some of my coworkers aren't really sure where it is I am by about week #4, so I decided to *attempt* to post from each city this year. So here it is, night numero uno of week #1 of year #3. See Blue Preview Night Paducah in the books and I've crawled under the comforter (after inspecting for bedbugs thoroughly, of course) at the Hampton Inn to share my day with you all.

After a 3+ hour drive from Lexington, you know you've 
almost made it to Paducah when you come to the twin bridges. 

Oh haaaayyyy cutie. Because every Captain D's or 
Long John Silver's or whatever needs a catfish in a top hat out front. 

Very cool train car outside the conference center 
where we have our event (more on that later). For now,
a few more fun train shots. 




Ok, so why am I traveling all over the Southern region of the map, you ask?
I am the recruiter for the Gatton College of Business & Economics at the University of Kentucky. 
As the recruiter, I, well, recruit students. UK has a road show we call Preview Nights, where we essentially set up college fairs in different cities, except the only university represented is UK. 

The event starts at 7pm, so the first family usually arrives at, oh, 6:15pm. We answer questions, they go to a presentation, we answer more questions, and at about 9pm we pack up and roll out to the next city. Sort of like carnies, but without the good corndogs and Krispy Kreme burgers. 

In Paducah, we were stationed at the Luther F. Carson Center.

Tomorrow I will take a picture of my bouge table. I don't like the one I took tonight. We were in the atrium, and it was too sunshiney and bright in there. Lot'a glare goin' on. 

Paducah has a very quaint lil' downtown region of sorts. Except everything was closed for the evening or for business in general. Bummer. 






For real Clark? Did you know we were in town?

Even pest control is cute in Paducah.

So, Hampton wifi is lacking. Taking a little longer than I'd like to upload all of this Paducah goodness. That's it for now! Tomorrow, we wisk away to the glorious Hopkinsville! See you all there!
(PS. Oh. Hey, Boss? Get-a-load-of-this...)


No comments:

Post a Comment