Background

Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Mondayest Wednesday there Ever Was

Wednesday's are hard. It's 11:22 am and I have yet to finish my first cup of coffee that I started at 8:45 am. It's 3 vs. 1. Monday generally consists of easing into the week so it never seems quite like Monday to me. Regrouping from the weekend. Grocery. Visit to Mimi and BBob's house. But then there's Wednesday. Scarlett is tired from preschool the day before. Sadie is stir crazy. Trip is fussy. Mom is just trying to keep everyone injury free. Or from getting on each other's nerves. And usually failing at both. 


There's a construction site across from our house right now. Earlier in the fall they drilled for rock. For TWO.SOLID.WEEKS. Drilled. Started at ten after seven in the morning. The driller took a lunch break where he stood in front of his pulverizer machine and smoked cigarettes. Resumed his drilling and wrapped up about 3:30. 


Those were very long Wednesdays.
Today's construction process is much quieter. They are pouring the concrete walls of our new neighbor's foundation. All 4 of us were locked in the playroom, which has a vantage point overlooking the job site, and I was on the verge of losing it for the umpteenth time, when I saw it.

Do you see it? Look closer and ignore my grainy iPhone pic.

There on the crane arm of the concrete spewer were the words: Philippians 4:13. Now I'm not one to be able to match bible verses to their contents off the top of my head. I guessed-Upon this rock I build my house? Clever concrete joke? But I googled the verse.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Pause. Blink. Blink. 
Deep Breath.
The days are long but the years are short. I know all too soon I will be missing these crazy days with my babies. But still, I need ideas to get through those long days. What do you do during the cold winter months when you have three little ones cooped up inside?
Give me ideas! And thank you, Lord, for the reminder that my strength comes through you, and that I've got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment